Monday, September 28, 2009

A Day in the Garden!

A beautiful pond with heron sculpture is a wonderful meditation area at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens.


This "dinner plate" hibiscus attracted photographers and amateurs...like me!

I would love to "capture" a pair of these frogs for my yard art! They stand about four feet high and have a joyous aura! There is one at each end of a long rectangular pond in front of the Botanical Garden's flower center. They always make me happy and put a smile on my face!


It's a glorious autumn day and I wanted to share one of my favorite spots in Fort Worth....the Botanical Gardens. The fountain is on one of the "small lakes" throughout the garden. The lakes are full of turtles and Koi. This is a long shot of the rose garden and the path to the first "lake".









If I want to experience nature in the city, this is the place to linger......


....and catch a little sun!


4 comments:

  1. That is one of our favorite picnic spots. Great shots! Thanks for commenting on the post on the Etsy Fort Worth blog. I thought it would be good to share. I think I got my padding compound at www.discountofficesupplies.com for around $12. It lasts forever! Hope to meet you at the October meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics and it looks like a spectacular garden to spend time in! I didn't know you were looking for padding compound. To save on shipping, it doesn't hurt to ask your local print shops if they will sell you some or order it for you. :) I've got about a gallon of the stuff for like $13 bucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the information! I have used the compound in office situations, but never for personal use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those frogs are fantastic! Looks like a great place to spend a day! Here, I just go to the Hanging Rock State Park for a hike... or through the woods at home. If you sit long enough in there, you're bound to see some wildlife. But not 4 foot frogs!

    ReplyDelete